In a time where many Britons have multiple sources of income, stemming from rented properties, private business ventures, or freelance employment, it has never been more important to stay fully on top of one’s incomings. At Eve, we fully appreciate the stress and concern that unpaid bills can bring, and offer our arsenal of debt experts at your disposal.
Operating UK-wide, and with a focus on private as well as commercial debt disputes, we are prepared to bring the full weight of litigative measures towards attaining the money you are owed, as quickly, efficiently, and wherever possible, without incurring extortionate additional costs to you. A more specific summary of our services include:
- Recovering compensation from your debtor(s): Under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 you are entitled to recover compensation from other businesses, if an invoice is paid late, or if payment terms are otherwise violated.
- Recovering debts when the debtor claims legal precedent: Eve are prepared to represent your case in court where necessary, working both with and for you to present the best possible case for a successful outcome.
Supported by commercial litigation specialists, our aim is, and will always be, to recover the highest possible sum owed, and to deliver plaintiff satisfaction at every turn.
In such cases where you, as a business or individual, are being taken to court for the payment of debts you do not feel are justified, Eve Solicitors are able to provide advice and legal assistance.
- Assessing your rights: If you feel you have a legal precedent to withhold payment, Eve will assess and determine your actionable right to do so.
- Compensation for services not rendered: If you feel the service or product you owe for was not delivered satisfactorily, or delivered at all to the prior specifications, Eve will investigate and action your right to claim compensation.
- Payment and debt management: If you are unable to pay a debt you have been legally determined to owe, Eve are able to offer advice, and advise action, through third party debt advisors.
Let's work together
Please leave a message
“The guys at Eve helped me with an accident at work, can’t recommend them enough!”Jason Harris
“The team handled my medical negligence case, they really made it as stress free as possible!”Sarah Crawford
Costs and Service Information
Debt Recovery – Claims With A Value Of Up To £10,000.00
|Debt value||Our fee||VAT||Total|
|Up to £5,000||£ 200.00 – £900.00||£40.00- £180.00||£240.00 – £1080.00|
|£5,001 – £10,000||£ 1000.00 – £2000.00||£200.00 – £400.00||£1200.00 – £2400.00|
|Debt value||Court fee||Our fee||VAT||Total|
|Up to £5,000||£35.00 – £205.00||£500.00 to £2000.00||£100 to £400.00||£600.00 to £2400.00|
|£5,001 – £10,000||£455.00||£1000.00 to £3000.00||£200 to £600.00||£1200.00 to £3600.00|
These are estimated fees based on hourly charging rates of £201.00 per hour for a Solicitor and £111.00 per hour for a Paralegal.
We will provide a case-specific estimate at the beginning of an individual case once we know the details of it.
Work included and key stages
The precise work and stages involved in debt recovery matters vary according to the circumstances. However, we have set out the key stages involved in a typical claim:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation.
- Undertaking appropriate searches.
- Sending a letter before action.
- Receiving payment and sending on to you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing a claim.
- Where no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default.
- When the judgement in default is received, write to the other side to request payment.
- If the payment is not received, providing you with advice on the next steps and the likely costs.
Approximate/ average timescales
Debt recovery matters usually take between one month and three months from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
Factors that could increase costs
In some circumstances we may increase our fees to account for additional time, work or skill required to meet your instructions. Examples include:
- If disputes of fact and law arise such that the matter becomes a disputed contractual dispute as opposed to simple debt recovery.
- If the value of the compensation and interest take the debt in to a higher banding attracting a higher fee.
- If enforcement action is needed.
Qualifications and experience of our team
Our debt recovery team includes:
|Mr Waseem Ahmed||Director/Solicitor||
Waseem Ahmed has 5 years’ experience in Civil Litigation matters comprising of Debt Recovery amongst other Civil Litigation matters. Waseem qualified as a Solicitor in 2014 and has ran his own firm since 2018.
|Mr Muhammad Yusuf Ashraf||Paralegal||Muhammad has recently passed the LPC and will start his Training Contract soon, one of his seats will be in Litigation matters including Debt Recovery. He can speak in English, Punjabi and Urdu and is a dedicated hard-working young man.|
Regardless of who works on your matter, they will be supervised by Mr Waseem Ahmed (Director and Solicitor).